Terms & Conditions
International Galleries Alliance
Please find below our terms and conditions in relation to your use of this Website (“Terms”).
If you have any queries or would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The web portal, international-galleries-alliance.org.(referred to in these Terms as the “Website”) is operated by International Galleries Alliance (a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with company number 13158353, whose registered office is at 10 Queen Street Place, London, United Kingdom, EC4R 1BE (“IGA”)
Throughout these Terms, the term “We” and “Us” refers to IGA unless the context otherwise requires.
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Website, please check these Terms to ensure you understand your rights and obligations surrounding your use of this Website.
PART 1: Terms
This section explains the basis on which you may access and use this Website. By accessing and using this Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms (as amended from time to time) and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not access or use the Website.
There are other terms that may also apply to you.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
We do not represent that content available on or through the Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations (other than England and Wales), or that it complies with the law and regulations in these other locations.
Our Website is made available to you free of charge, on the basis that:
(a) your use of the Website is solely at your own risk;
(b) you may access and use the Website only as set forth in these Terms;
(c) you consent to the collection, use, sharing and transfer of personal information (which may include the transfer and processing of your information outside your home country) in accordance with our data privacy statement available at www.international-galleries-alliance.org.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms.
1. The content on this Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
2. No representations or warranties express or implied are made regarding this Website’s performance, the accuracy or completeness of the data and/or information contained therein or any outputs arising therefrom. You must make your own investigations and assessments as required to satisfy yourself as to the adequacy or otherwise of the content of the Website, and you assume full responsibility for any loss resulting from use (or misuse) of the Website. You hereby indemnify us in respect of any loss or damage incurred by us as a result of your use of the Website.
2–Website content and accessibility
1. We may update and change this Website from time to time to reflect changes to our programme, activities, approach, users’ needs and priorities. We will try to provide advance notice of any significant changes.
2. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
3. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date. We accept no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information. This Website and the information, articles, names, images, pictures, logos and other content on it are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind (including on accuracy, legal compliance or reliability) whether express or implied.
4. We take reasonable steps to protect all information on this Website. However, due to an ever-changing cyber threat landscape, we cannot guarantee that this Website is free of errors, bugs or viruses. When accessing any Website you must take reasonable precautions to protect yourself from malware and identity theft by appropriately securing your device.
5. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website and configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access this Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
6. You must not misuse this Website by knowingly introducing malware, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which this Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack this Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this Website will cease immediately.
7. You may only access this Website through its intended basic publicly-available user interface. You may not access any aspect of this Website programmatically. In particular, you may not use any form of screen scraper, or other automated process, to access any part of this Website’s human-machine interface.
8. You may not attempt, or cause any third party to attempt, to access this Website for penetration testing or other security or performance-related purposes without our prior written permission, which may be withheld or conditioned at our absolute discretion.
3–Registration and password security
Use of the Website may require registration, particularly in order to access restricted areas of the Website, such as the members area.
We are not obliged to permit anyone to register with the Website and we may refuse, terminate or suspend registration to anyone at any time.
You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential.
If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you and require you to change your password, or we may suspend or terminate your account.
1. We will use reasonable efforts to:
(a) delete accounts which are being used in an inappropriate manner or in breach of these Terms; and
(b) identify and remove any content that is inappropriate, defamatory, infringes intellectual property rights or is otherwise in breach of our Members Terms and Conditions.
(c) when we are notified, but we cannot be responsible if you have failed to provide us with the relevant information.
(d) If you believe that any content which is distributed or published by the Website is inappropriate, defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights, you should contact us immediately using the contact details at the top of this page.
1. We are the owner and/or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website, and all intellectual property rights in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
2. Subject to the other provisions of this clause 5, no content from the Website may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcasted, transmitted or otherwise used without our written consent. However, you may print off an appropriately limited number of copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this Website for non-commercial personal and educational use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on this Website.
3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
4. Our status (and that of any identified contributors and/or licensors) as the authors of content on this Website must always be acknowledged.
5. You must not use any part of the content on this Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
6. If you print off, copy or download any part of this Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use this Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
7. Any of our trade marks (whether registered or not) appearing on the Website (the “Trade Marks”) are worldwide trade marks of IGA. You are not permitted to use them without our approval. For the avoidance of doubt, no licence to use our Trade Marks is granted under these Terms (except your right to view our Trade Marks as they appear on our Website). If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
6–How we may use your personal information
1. We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Note
2. You agree that any information you provide to us is accurate.
3. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned accept no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
7–Links to the Website or links to other websites
1. We are not responsible for websites to which we link.
2. Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them - we have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
3. You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
4. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
5. You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you.
6. This Website must not be framed on any other Website.
7. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
8. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
8–Limit of liability
1. In no event will we be liable for any loss, liability or damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or the loss of data, goodwill, reputation or profits, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the Website, including in contract or in negligence.
2. In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website, we accept no liability.
3. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by your use of another website or resource (including those linked from the Website). Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
4. We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
5. If we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £200. (This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation).
1. These Terms (as updated from time to time) will remain in effect until their termination or expiry. These Terms, and your rights and licenses hereunder, will terminate immediately upon your breach of these Terms., You may terminate these Terms by permanently discontinuing your use of this Website. We may terminate support of this Website and/or these Terms, or limit or terminate your access to this Website at any time for any reason.
2. We may assign, transfer, replace or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms at any time. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
3. If any term of these Terms is illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms shall continue to be valid.
4. Except in respect of a payment obligation to us neither you nor we will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your reasonable control.
5. Failure or delay by either party to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these Terms shall not be a waiver of that obligation or right.
6. These Terms do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
7. Whether you are a business or a consumer, these Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
1. All contact or notices to be given in relation to these Terms or your use of the Website shall be given:
(a) to us via e-mail to email@example.com
(b) to you, via these Terms (or an email address that you confirm to us we may use for the purpose of serving contact/notice).
2. Notice will be deemed received when an e-mail is received in full or (if given via these Terms) when it appears in the updated Terms.